We’ve been following the two brothers from Aalen in Germany for a couple of years now. During this time, we’ve provided them with our pjuractive 2SKIN and also supported them at several trail running events, including the Gore-Tex Transalpine Run last year and the Marathon du Mont Blanc. They both came to trail running via other sports. Then, at some point, Marcus got his younger brother Matthias motivated enough to give trail running a go. They have been competing in competitions together ever since. But we wanted to find out more about the brothers. So we asked them a few questions about themselves, their habits and their training routines:
- My name is: Marcus Baur
- I was born on: 22 July 1988
- I come from: Aalen
- I weigh 70 kg.
- I am 180 cm
- I got into running because forest runs were always the best part of my handball training.
- I wouldn’t be able to train without my GPS sports watch.
- My favourite food before a competition is pasta with pesto.
- My favourite food after a competition is pasta with pesto and parmesan
- The most beautiful running route for me is in Chamonix (France).
- The song that really gets me moving: I can’t say exactly. There are lots of songs that motivate me.
- My biggest success: Winning ZUT 2017; finishing the Transalpine Run twice
- My training tip: Only train when you want to not because you have to.
- What I do to motivate myself: I look at other people’s training sessions on Strava.
- pjuractive 2SKIN helps me train because it allows me to focus purely on my training.
- What I find really great about 2SKIN is that it just keeps working – even in long races.
- I use 2SKIN in particular on the following parts of my body: Toes, heels, balls of the feet, on and around the shoulders.
- My sporting achievements thus far have been unforgettable each in their own way.
- My sporting goals for this year are to always give 100 percent and get a podium position as often as possible.
- My name is: Matthias Baur
- I was born on: 4 February 1994
- I come from: Aalen
- I weigh 65 kg.
- I am 180 cm
- I got into running through my older brother Marcus.
- I wouldn’t be able to train without my GPS watch.
- My favourite food before a competition is
- My favourite food after a competition is
- The most beautiful running route is in Aalen. It’s the 30 km panorama trail around Aalen.
- The song that really gets me moving: ‘Erfolg ist kein Glück’ by KontraK
- My biggest success: Winning the Wings for Life World Run in Munich
- My training tip: Keep going even when things get tough.
- What I do to motivate myself: Watch running videos on YouTube
- pjuractive 2SKIN helps me train because it allows me to train without suffering any friction. I can train for hours without having to worry about chafing.
- What I find really great about 2SKIN is that it is breathable and doesn’t impact my performance when I sweat.
- I use 2SKIN in particular on the following parts of my body: Armpits and shoulders because I often run with a backpack.
- My sporting achievements thus far have been: First place in UTLW, participating twice in the Trail Running World Championships, finishing the Transalpine Run three times
- My sporting goal for this year is running a 100 km ultra trail run.
The Baur brothers are currently competing in SALOMON 4 TRAILS (10 – 13 July 2019). We’re keeping our fingers crossed for them and will of course let you know how they get on in this race.
Do you already know our brand ambassador, Kai Knies?